An Overview of Common Types of Car Accidents
A car accident occurs about every 10 seconds in the U.S.1 What may be more alarming than this is the fact that at least 90 percent of all car accidents are caused by some form of human error and, quite often, some form of driver negligence.
At the Law Office of James H. Guest, LLC, our Denver accident lawyers are committed to helping car accident survivors take action, protect their rights and interests, and get on the path to financial recovery.
Skilled at holding negligent parties responsible for harming our clients, our lawyers are experienced at bringing various types of auto accident cases to successful resolutions. Our goal is help victims secure the full amount of compensation they deserve so they can focus on healing and moving on with their lives.
Common Types of Auto Wrecks
Just some of the auto accident cases that our lawyers are effective at favorably resolving include (but are not limited to) those that involve most common types of auto wrecks, including:
- Rear-end collisions – As the single most common type of auto accident to occur in the U.S., rear-end collisions comprise nearly 1 in every 3 traffic accidents. Although these accidents can be relatively minor at slower speeds, rear-end collisions can also result in catastrophic, if not fatal, injuries at higher speeds, when trucks are involved, etc. What can be just as distressing as the impacts of rear-end collisions is the fact that driver distraction or negligence is often a contributing factor – in other words, many of these accidents are preventable.
- Hit-and-run accidents – Despite laws requiring motorists to stop at the scenes of collisions, far too many drivers fail to do so, fleeing the scene and leaving victims to deal with the damage and wreckage on their own. In fact, Colorado has been ranked 10th in the U.S. for the most hit-and-run fatalities, and the incidence of these auto accidents has unfortunately been increasing over recent years.
Our lawyers can help victims investigate these collisions and, in some cases, identify and locate the responsible drivers. When this is not possible, however, our attorneys may still be able to help victims succeed in their financial recoveries.
- Drunk driving accidents – Impaired drivers hurt someone every two minutes and kill someone else every 52 minutes in drunk driving accidents. When drunk drivers make the poor choice to get behind the wheel, our lawyers will be ready to advocate victims’ rights and hold these negligent motorists accountable for causing collisions.
- Distracted driving accidents – Known for causing impairments similar to intoxication, distracted driving has been found to increase the risk of a car accident by at least six times. This is generally because, when drivers fail to pay attention to the roads, their perception, judgment and reaction times can also be affected, making it far more likely they will hit another motorist or traveler on the road.
- Rollover accidents – Though not as prevalent as the above-mentioned types of auto collisions, rollovers are often deadly when they occur. In fact, about 35 percent of all fatal traffic accidents in the U.S. involve rollovers. While these auto accidents can be caused by any number of factors, driver inattention, impairment or inexperience is commonly to blame.
Contact a Denver Car Accident Attorney at the Law Office of James H. Guest, LLC
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, or if you have lost a loved one to a fatal car accident, contact a Denver car accident attorney at the Law Office of James H. Guest, LLC. Known for providing comprehensive representation to the victims of negligence, our attorneys are dedicated to helping our clients recover fair compensation for their medical bills, lost wages and other expenses following traffic accidents.
Contact us today by calling (303) 292-2992 or by emailing us via the contact form on this page to find out more about your potential case and how we can assist you. We offer free initial consultations, and there is no fee for our services if there is no recovery in your case.
From our offices located in Denver, our attorneys provide superior personal injury representation to clients in Lakewood, Denver, Littleton, Arvada, Evergreen, Golden, Highlands Ranch, Westminster, Brighton, Thornton, Broomfield, Boulder, Parker, Englewood, Wheat Ridge, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Vail, Conifer, Castle Rock, Denver County, Adams County, Jefferson County, Douglas County, Arapahoe County, Boulder County, Broomfield County, El Paso County, Larimer County, Weld County, Eagle County, Summit County and throughout Colorado.
1: According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration